Wednesday 6 May 2015

Cinnamon Soap


This is another wonder soap from Humblebee and Me - Cinnamon Swirl Soap & Shampoo.
I used the Soap Calculator to convert to a loaf with 700g of oils.

Ground Cinnamon, Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil, Kaolin Clay

Still working on my "swirl" technique but it still looks fine just no real swirls to speak of!  You know what they say though...  Practice makes perfect so I will just have to continue making soap until I get it right!  I also should have left it another 12-18 hours before cutting but at least I'm learning a lot as I go on and can only get better.

The final scent on this one is a very strong cinnamon scent, for me it was not my favourite yet other members of the family love it!  This is a good reminder that everyone has different scent profiles they prefer and if you make something you don't like find others to try it...  Unless of course it smells like wet dog!!!
Getting wrapped up in a towel to aid in the saponification process 

Had a go at putting a pattern on the top.  A little messy but it was my
first attempt!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE anything cinnamon...that looks fabulous!!!!!!!!!,,,the pattern is very effective!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little worried about the very strong scent after it was initially made but I have found during the curing time the scent is now a very pleasant cinnamon smell.

      Delete
  2. Colin says the soap pattern looks cute

    ReplyDelete